Thursday, October 28, 2010


Before I head to Las Vegas later today, I thought I would post two recent cards that I made. On Monday evening I went to Archiver's for their Holiday card showcase. These two cards were inspired by two cards in the showcase. Lots of cool ideas and I'm sure more card ideas from the show case will show up here on my blog.
Both the stocking stamp and tree stamps are from Hero Arts. The "O Holy Night" on the blue card is from Northwoods.
The stocking cards was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with copics. I went around the edge of the white card stock with a Krylon gold pen.
The technique used on the tree card is a fun one. First you stamp your image on to white card stock using embossing ink. Then sprinkle clear embossing powder over the image and then heat set. After that I used two Ranger distressed inks (chipped sapphire and broken china) with a Ranger dabbing tool around the trees. I then wipe off the access ink and of course it does not stay on the embossed image. I also used the same technique on the piece of paper with O Holy Night image. I edged both stamped pieces with a Krylon silver pen. I love the blue and silver combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment