Friday, February 3, 2012

With Love from Northwoods


Wow it Friday already! Where has the week gone? You'd think with being retired I would be able to post everyday :)

Monday night I made cards with Rene Koehn at Scrapbook Page. It was her last class with the Scrapbook Page. She's going to be missed there; however, we all wish here well in her new endeavor in Gardner KS. as she manages a new scrapbook/stamp store in downtown Gardner.

Tuesday at 11 a.m. I made cards with Barb Foster at Scrapbook Page. They were so cute. I got everything colored, but waited until yesterday to put them together. I'll picture them later and post them.

Wednesday at 11 a.m. I did a class at Stamper's Ink with Northwoods' Valentine's Day stamps that were on a special board from Northwoods. Today's card is one of those cards. At the class I basically stamped the cards and then brought them home to color and put together. There's a few changes. I put the pink card stock through a hearts Cuttlebug folder to emboss them. I then did a white ribbon with polka dots across the card (I think the original card the ribbon going vertically). I then stamped the "with love" on purple card stock. The original card had February 14th on it so that was also a change. The hearts were colored with Copics (V15, RV06, YG06). Stardust stickles has also been added around the "with love" and on the dots and small hearts on the bigger hearts. The card is on piece of purple card stock that measures 5 1/2 X 4 1/4.

This card with several others will be taken to The Scrapbook Page. They are currently offering through the 2/8 that if you bring in three Valentine cards for Children's Mercy Hospital, they will give you 30% off of you're purchase. Since I'm going cropping there later, I'll deliver them tonight. I think I have several more to give them then the three as I went through my inventory and pulled some others. Too bad I can't get a discount for them too, but that's not the purpose of the cards. It's to bring some Valentine wishes to children in the hospital on Valentine's day.

Blessings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment