Saturday, April 13, 2013

For a dear friend

Hi everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  Later today I'll be heading over my sister-in-law's house to celebrate my niece Misty's 40th birthday.  I've got a card made for her that I'll share tomorrow.  Since I also post my cards on Facebook, I don't want her to see her card online until after we celebrate.  So the above card is not her birthday card. 

I've used another flower image from Sweet & Sassy's Flower Block 1 set.  The tulip image has been stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.  I used five different yellows on the tulip (Y19, Y17, Y15, Y13, and Y11).  There's a little green in the bottom right corner which are YG17 and YG13.  I've used BG01 to go around the tulip and then flicked BG000 out from the BG01. 

I've used one of my favorite blue Bazzill card stock, Island Breeze for a mat.  I used a pretty jewel tone yellow and dry embossed it using a Stampin Up embossing folder with tulips on it.  The sentiment is also from the Sweet & Sassy Flower Block 1 set. 

Be back tomorrow with Misty's birthday card to share.  Take care and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment