Sunday, June 30, 2013

Secret Garden Birthday card


Hi everyone!  

My best friend's birthday was on the 22nd.  We'll be getting together soon to celebrate our birthdays as they are three weeks apart. 

While on Pinterest looking at Graphic 45 cards, I saw a layout that I liked using Ladies Diary paper.  Unfortunately, I wasn't into Graphic 45 when it was available so I decided to use Secret Garden paper. 

When I decided to make the card, I wanted to find some doilies.  Do you know how many stores I checked?  None had them in the size or color I wanted.  Then I remember seeing some doilies in the color I wanted at Remember This Remember That.  That store is in Gardner, KS and is 45 minutes from me.  However, since this card was for my best buddy I drove to RTRT and lucky for me they still had them.  They are from Kaisercraft.  

The top card was my first card for Liz's birthday.  It seemed too crowded to me and you couldn't really see the layers.  So I decided to try a 5 x 7 card.  I like it much better. 

I used the Memory Box Fresh Foliage die for the white leaves that are sticking out from the doily.  The flowers are from Recollections.  Not sure of the rhinestone company as they were in my stash. 

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  Take card and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment