Monday, February 28, 2011

Painted Petals




On Saturday I attended a class at Archiver's up north with my best friend Liz. We really enjoyed the class and I did learn something new as I had never painted with Distress Inks before. We did four cards in the class and the two pictures above are of those cards.
For the bottom two cards, we used Versamark ink and embossed in white ink on a piece of white cardstock. Then using a water pen we used the following Distress inks to "paint" the petals.
Broken China
Dusty Concord
Fired Brick
Rusty Hinges
Wild Honey
We also "painted" the lace and the flowers that were used as emblishments on the cards.
On the top two cards, we add the Distess ink to the stamp then spritzed the stamp with water then we stamped on to the card stock.
If you get a chance to take the class, I highly recommend it. I've got the stamps ordered and I know I'll be using these techniques on cards in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment