Friday, February 25, 2011

Tilda with hatched chick


Seven inches of snow last night. At least the sun is trying to come out. It's one of those days where I'm very glad I'm retired and didn't have to face traffic to go to work this morning.

I have had the Tilda with Hatched Chick and Spring Background stamped for about a week now trying to determine how best to used the two stamps from Magnolia stamps in a card. I hope you like the outcome.

I used a 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 white cs for the base card. I used a 5 1/4 X 5 1/4 piece of turquoise card stock as my next layer. I then used a designer paper I purchased recently that is pink with white polka dots and some butterflies on it. That piece was cut 5 X 5.
Out of the same turquoise card stock, I cut a 2 by 5 1/4 inch piece and embossed it with the Cuttlebug swirl pattern. I then glued the spring background piece to it after I had cut out the stamped design that I had colored with Copics. I also cut out Tilda and popped her up.

Using a small egg Nestability, I cut out a piece of white cs and stamped Happy Easter on it which is from a Stampendous set. Using the small egg Nestability, I drew around the outside of it and then cut out the larger egg in turquoise cs.

On the spring background image, I used yellow flock on the chick.

Enjoy and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment