Thursday, April 7, 2011

Go Green

The purpose of this class was to recycle products that you would find in your home. I did learn two new techniques and they are on the top right card and the bottom left card. Top left: The triangles were a stamp that we stamped onto a piece of newspaper that was a comic page. The daisy was stamped a total of four times. One of the daisies was cut out of a different piece of card stock and popped up on the center daisy on the card. I used Cinnamon stickles on the center of the daisies...though the picture of card does not show the stickles. Top right: The butterfly is stamped onto a coffee filter. We used Marvy inks direct to a coffee a coffee filter. We then stamped the butterfly twice onto the coffee filter and then cut out each butterfly. One butterfly was glued to the card and just the body of the second butterly is glued to the other butterfly. This way the wings will "flutter" Bottom left. On a piece of white card stock we used metallic acrylic paints and dabbed different colors to it. Then we took a used dryer sheet and stretched it over that painted card stock. We then glued the dryer sheet to the card. Using Staz On we then stamped the words and image onto the dryer sheet. Interesting effect isn't it! I'll be trying this technique again! Bottom Right: We used a recycled piece of cardboard and ran it through a Sizzix folder. The cardboard could be from the back of tablet or from a cereal box. We then used Marvy inks to add color to the cardboard. After that we used a rub on gold onto the embossed image. I think I got a tad too much, but I still like the card. Well that's three of the classes that I attended in Las Vegas. I have cards from the other three classes to finish. It was hard to finish four cards in an hour and when it was the last class of the day, I was tired out. I've also discovered that I'm missing two cards from those three classes. Maybe they're in the envelops with the other cards. I'll mind out as I finish them up. If you ever get a change to take a class from Judy Ross, I highly recommend her. She is one classy lady! I hope she'll be able to teach some classes at the expo in October that will be held in Las Vegas again the last weekend in October. I'll be there as it is one of my favorite stamp shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment