Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday - Paint the town

I saw this card last week on Pinterest. 

I knew I had the cityscape die cut from Memory Box, but I didn't think I had the sentiment.  So I headed to one of local scrapbook stores to ask about it and no, they were not familiar with the stamp.  So I went to another store and Jen looked up the sentiment and guess what?  It's from a Penny Black clear set called Paint the Town.   Jen promised she would look to see if she could order it for me.  As I drove home, I thought about it and decided I needed to check my Penny Black stamp sets.  Yes, I had it.  So I called Jen to let her know not to order it for me.  Just shows I have way too many stamps as I can't keep track of what I have :) 

To get the "painted town" effect, I used my brayer with dye ink from Kaleidacolor.  I used the Spectrum stamp set.  I then cut on the cityscape with the Memory Box die.  The sentiment has been heat embossed onto the white with white embossing power.  The ribbon is from May Arts. 

I'm sure I'm going to make up a couple more of these cards as I know of two birthdays coming up where I'll need cards for me to send. 

Take care all and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment