Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Peace, Love, Joy





Happy Tuesday everyone. 

On Saturday I discovered that the Scrapbook Page had received the 19 new dies from Poppy stamps.  The first die I decide to use of the 11 (yes, 11 of the 19) that I had bought was the Poinsettia die cut.  I cut the leaves out of green card stock.  The next three layers of the poinsettia were cut from two different red card stock pieces.  I finally cut the last layer using a shimmer gold card stock. 

I layered everything together using glue dots.  I just love it!  I can't wait to try different color combinations.  As you know poinsettias just aren't red anymore.  I've seen blue and pink.  I'm thinking of doing a white poinsettia and then doing the veins in gold glitter.  

Anyway, the card base is the same green as the leaves.  Next came a smaller layer of white card stock.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment using VersaColor evergreen pigment ink.  I then added gold glitter domes to the top of the poinsettia and in the top right hand corner. 

I also stamped inside the card another Hero Arts sentiment which reads "Wishing you peace, happiness, and the warmth of the season."  It was also stamped in evergreen pigment ink. 

Have a great day everyone.  It's off to cut some more poinsettias using my new favorite die cut from Poppy stamps. 

God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment