Thursday, June 14, 2012

Christmas in June?


HI all and happy Thursday! 

I know it's crazy posting a Christmas/Winter card today.  However, my friend Julie Case has been creating card samples for an upcoming class at The Scrapbook Page in Shawnee Mission for a Christmas in July class featuring the Memory Box Dies that the store carries.  Cameron Elliott who owns The Scrapbook Page should have the next quarter's class schedule out soon.  The class will have five Christmas/Winter cards and they are AWESOME!  I saw all of them yesterday and even though I have all the dies, I'll still will be at the class.  I can't tell you how easy this class is going to be for everyone.  So if you're in the greater KC area contact The Scrapbook Page to see when the class will be and sign up!  

We saw a similar card on Pintrest.  Julie's sample does not have the Star of Wonder in the upper right hand corner as I just bought that die yesterday at Ink, Paper, Rubber store in Overland Park.  (Hey, I'm an equal opportunity spender...I spend money at all independent craft stores and the big stores too). 

We used a polka dot paper from Memory Box as the background.  Then using a Nestability cut the shape and put the Deer Trio behind the red paper.  Using a Martha Stewart punch, I punched the pine leaves (6) and then added three clear rhinestones. 

Enjoy all and don't be surprised if more Christmas cards start showing up here on my blog.  I'm a Christmas nut and maybe I'll feel cooler by making Christmas cards this time of year. 

Take care everyone and God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment