Monday, March 4, 2013

Butterly Vine Thinking of You

Hi everyone! 

Here's a card I copied from one of card designer's at The Scrapbook Page.  Yes, I made some changes.  I used a different sentiment and additional butterflies. 

I started cutting two die cuts from the Memory Box Butterfly Vine Border.  I cut one in green card stock and the other from yellow card stock (colored card stock from Recollections).  

The polka dot paper is from Bo Bunny, one of their 6 x 6 dot pads.  I used a corner rounder on the white card stock base (Georgia Pacific) and on the polka dot paper.  I cut the polka dot paper 2 3/4 inches X 5 1/2 and glued to the right on top of the card base.  Then in the left area, I glued the green butterfly vine down.  I snipped the yellow butterflies from the border and glued them on top of every other butterfly on the green border.  I used two other butterflies from the yellow border on the card. 

The cat is die cut from Poppy stamps and I cut it out of black felt that I bought at JoAnn's.  Here's a hint for you:  When using felt with die cuts make sure it has at least 20% wool in it.  The cheap stuff falls a part when you cut using die cuts.  I understand that's because the cheap stuff is made from recycled plastic bottles. 

The black around the sentiment is also black felt.  I used the same Spellbinder to cut the felt and the white card stock.  I then cut the edges of the white card stock. 

I also added to small yellow pearls to the butterflies that are on the polka dot designer paper.  

I'll be making at least three more of these cards.  This card went to Ink, Paper, Rubber yesterday on consignment.  I imagine my cousin will also buy at least one and another customer of mine is also in need of some Thinking of You cards.  I also want to make one more for the craft show that will be at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City of March 15th.  I will be there selling my cards. 

I hope you all have a great day and week.  Take care and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment