Friday, March 8, 2013

Sending Smiles

Hi everyone! 

I was doing so good about posting every other day and then blew it.  Oh well so it goes.  Between one of my favorite scrapbook/stamping stores closing and another stamping store receiving a bunch of new stuff, I haven't had time to concentrate and make cards.  Poor me right!  Yeah right. 

Today while going through e-mails, I received an e-mail from the Penny Black blog with a real nice card.  I didn't have the stamps that they used, but sitting right in front of me was the Stampin' Up Secret Garden stamp set and die cuts.  Also sitting in front of me was the Print Poetry paper stack also from Stampin' Up which had some very similar papers in it that were used on the Penny Black card. 

So here's my card.  I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them using my Copics (Y38, Y35, Y23, Y21).  Face it, I'm a Copic gal and it's real hard for me to go back to using my Stampin' Up or Tombow markers.  However, I won't get rid of them. 

The green leaves, I decided instead of stamping them I would just die cut from the same paper as the top piece on this card.  The lacy border is from Basic Grey.  The sentiment and rhinestones are from Hero Arts. 

I think it turned out pretty good. 

Now I've got to go get some lunch and get ready to go to one of the last crops at the Scrapbook Page. 

Take care and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment