Monday, March 25, 2013

Magnolia

Hi everyone! 

Is everyone else tired of snow?  I certainly hope that the eight inches that we received Saturday night into yesterday morning is the last of it.  I'm definitely ready for some spring! 

Three of my friends and I gathered at one of their homes last Thursday for stamping and coloring fun.  I took a bunch of my stamps with me.  I was really surprised that they had not heard of Flourishes stamps.  They really got hooked on the flowers.  Here's one of the images I colored last week.  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Blend It Express card stock and colored with Copics.  I'll give the list at the end of this posting. 

I made a 5 1/2 inch white card base from Georgia Pacific paper.  The next layer is a hot pink card stock and I'm not sure of the manufacturer.  The designer paper is from an Echo Park 6 x 6 pad called Sweet Girl.  I used the floral oval from Spellbinders to cut more of the hot pink paper and used a regular oval for the magnolias.  The sentiment is from Pink by Design.  There are three pink pearls at the bottom of the right hand side and they are from Hero Arts.  The pink seam binding is some that I order through Flourishes stamps. 

It was fun to get with my stamping pals and do some coloring.  We won't be able to do it as often as we used to since our favorite store is closing in April.  We'll have to meet at homes or hopefully somewhere along the way can find another scrapbook store that will have space available to crop during the day. 

Take care and God bless. 

Copics:  Pinks RV66, RV63, RV00, Greens YG67, YG63, YG61, Yellows Y38, Y35, and Y23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment