Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday card for Jim L.




For once I've got a card completed almost a week early for a birthday. My friend, Jim Lundy, has a birthday on July 3rd. He won't be in town, but I wanted to surprise him with this card before he heads east to spend some vacation time with his family.


This is a Mo Manning digital image called It's Hot. It's been colored with Copics. I computer generated the two sentiments. The fish on the second page is from a set from Inkadinkado.


The base card is Bazzill and all designer papers are from Echo Park Summer Days paper pad.


I can just see Jim after and Buster (Jim's beagle) hitting the wading pool after going for a walk. Video images from Toby's Keiths song Trailerhood come to mind :)


I used some Glitter Mist glaze (Icicle) on the water and on the goggles added some Crystal effects.


That's it for today. I doubt I post tomorrow as I have a card delivery to make and then my best friend and I are getting together to do some 4th of July cards. Dinner time will be at Famous Dave's. We're stretching out Liz's birthday which was the 22nd.

1 comment:

  1. So cool, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, it is giveaway time at the Pixie Blog, check it out!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete