Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cake Glorious Cake!

Happy Thursday everyone!

My days keep getting away from and I really don't know where they go...other than I'm on my computer a lot.

Last week I was at a local stamp store when they got in the new issue of Scrap and Stamp magazine. Of course having Lily of the Valley stamps on the cover caught my eye. The store owner told me that inside the issue were instructions on how to water color with Distress inks refills. That's a technique I have wanted to learn. So that issue of the magazine came home with me.

The store will have a class in March, but me I couldn't wait. I just had to get started learning the technique.

No offense to the person who did the article, but to me it lacked some information (like what ink to stamp with). That lack of information caused me to hit Google to find info regarding water coloring with Distress inks. I was so happy to see I didn't have to have every Distress ink refill and that I could use my Distress ink stamp pads.

So with supplies in hand and one of the Lili stamps featured in the magazine, I tried this first one using the article in Scrap and Stamp as my guide. To me it's not too bad for my first attempt.

The stamp is from Lili of the Valley and is titled Cake Glorious Cake. The card itself is a 5 3/4 inch square and is white Bazzill card stock. The DP is from a Bo Bunny pad from several years ago. The image was stamped using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.

I don't know how many times I will water color versus using my Copics, but it's always could to expand my knowledge of techniques.

Now for a health update! In May of this year it will be three years after my surgery for cancer of the uterus. Last Friday, I had my pap and today I got a call that all is well. Thanks for everyone's prayers. I have been blessed to know that there are prayers said for me.

May God bless you as much and more than he has blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment