Monday, January 14, 2013

Bee Mine?

Good afternoon my friends! 

The above card has been in my head since the Memory Box die cut release earlier this month.  I really wanted the Jolly Bumblebees and beehive.  I knew I wanted to use them with the Dragonfly Tilda stamp from Magnolia stamps. 

I've got to admit it took me awhile to put the bumble bees together.  The die cuts 14 pieces of paper and for the pieces on the small bee, they are really small.  I thought I was being smart by cutting them out of white paper and then coloring with my Copics.  At least that way I would only have to cut them out once.  Unfortunately, I lost one of the small pieces and had to cut a second time.  Of course you could cut the pieces out of different colors of paper, but that seems like a waste of paper.  Hopefully, it will get easier to put the bees together as I work more with the die cut. 

Dragonfly Tilda was stamped with Memento ink and then colored with my Copics.  I'll list the Copics used at the end of this post.  I used a Nestability Label die to cut out Tilda.  I then drew around the die onto yellow card stock to get the next layer.   The hearts are from an old Hero Arts set that's in my stash.  

Take care and God bless! 

Copics used:

Skin: E11, E00, E000, E0000, R20
Hair:  E37, E35, E31
Yellows:  Y18, Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11, Y0000.
Blacks:  T9, T7, T5, T3, T1, T0 

No comments:

Post a Comment