Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blue and Silvers




I'm currently on a blue and silver kick.
My first card today is one borne of trying to make the second card. I saw a similiar second card in the current issue of Take Ten magazine and wanted to make it. I thought the Cuttlebug ornament would be perfect for it, but it was too large. So not wanting to waste mirror paper, I created the first card.
The first card is 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 with a white cs base. I then used a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of blue shimmer paper. I then cut out a piece of silver mirror card stock. Over it I cut with a nestie a piece of white card stock. I then popped up the ornament a tied a piece a ribbon at the top of the ornament. Inside the card, I stamped "May your days be Merry and Bright" which is a stamp from Hero Arts.
As I said the second card is an idea I got from the current Take Ten magazine. I used a piece of grey core coordiantions card stock an ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder that has lots of ornaments on it. I then cut that card stock into strips and attached them to the base white cs. I used a Prickley Pear stamp for the ornament and stamped it with Versamark and then used Ranger Silver Tinsel embossing powder on it. I then adhered it to a piece of silver shimmer card stock. I added little gemstones on the card and stamped the same saying from Hero Arts.
For the third card, a friend of mine needed a Hanukkak card for next week. I saw a similar design at Archiver's, but I changed my card into an easel card. All stamps are from Northwoods. The small Stars of David were stamped in Royal Blue Versacolor ink. The large Star of David was stamped with Versamark and I used Silver Tinsel embossing powder on it and the saying "Happy Hanukkak".
I wish all my friends and family a happy Thanksgiving. I'm truly blessed to know all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment