Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Sunday all! 

My two silly Shih-Tzu and I were woke up this morning to the sound of thunder and rain hitting the sky light.  But we really need the rain so no complaining from me.    Today it's back to card making.  Here are six cards that I have made for a lady at church for Teacher Appreciation week.  All of these cards were inspired from cards in books, magazines, or online.  Yes, most of them are in blues as the schools the students attend all have a shade of blue in their colors.  Okay there's one red one below, but I also made a blue version.  I just didn't take a picture of it!



The above two cards feature papers from Authentic.  I love their papers and I got to admit that blue pad was one of the first pads I bought of theirs.  I've resisted using those papers until now.  
 Thanks to my friend Julie Case for sending me the apple image to cut on my Silhouette machine.  I cut the apples out using sticky paper.  Then after I peeled the protective paper, I added Art Institute glitter to the adhesive side of the paper.  You can't quite see it in the picture but I added some Brillance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink to the sides.  The sentiment is stamped in it to.  I'm not sure which company produced the clear sentiment stamp that I used. 
 The same technique was used on the apple.  This time I used silver shimmer paper and used a Cuttlebug thank you words folder to dry embossed it.  It was my last piece of silver shimmer paper so that gives me an excuse to either go to Stamper's Ink or Archiver's on Tuesday to get more.  Want to bet that that's the only thing I buy?  NOT.


 Like I said I did do a version of this card in blue.  However, the original that was in a book of folded cards was in red.  The original used Labels 22 as the base card, but instead I used it as the second layer.  The "inspire" apple is an embellishment from Recollections.  The sentiment was generated using Microsoft Word. 

For the card below, I used the same apple from above.  To me this card has a more of a "masculine" feel and I know one student wanted a card for his debate teacher.  I hope this works for him.  The papers are from Bo Bunny.  I used pendent Nestabilities on this card.  The sentiment is from Sweet n' Sassy stamps. 

Have a wonderful Sunday all and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment