Sunday, April 15, 2012

Have a sweet birthday

Happy Sunday everyone!

Luckily no severe storms have hit the Kansas City area. Our prayers go out to the folks in Oklahoma and the Wichita area where there were tornadoes yesterday.

Today's card features Strawberry Tilda. My friend, Julie Case, wanted me to bring Strawberry Tilda last Wednesday with me when we got together. Will would you believe I went to the get together with the wrong Tilda? My excuse is Tilda has held almost every fruit there is so how could I tell them apart :) Julie had even found some pictures of cards with the Tilda to serve as inspiration. One card was from Bev Rochester and she had some fabulous strawberry paper on the card. We knew we would find that exact paper anywhere as the card had been made last summer.

Well, Sharan, another friend was walking around The Scrapbook Page where we get together and low and behold she finds a paper pack from Jillibean with the paper I used on the above card. Well that starts a run (okay 3 of us) to buy the same paper pack. Well, me I'm not satisfied with just two sheets of the paper. Oh no, I have to ask Carolyn the store owner if she has any 12 X 12 and yes, she did. So that starts a run on the 12 x 12 paper. I'm sure Carolyn's husband, Cameron, who was running the cash register that day was wondering what was going on with that paper :)

Anyway, when I got home I found my Strawberry Tilda and promised the gang that when we get together later today, I will have it with me for them to stamp. As you can see I got a head start. I stamped her using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with Copics.

I colored her boots with Y17, Y15 and Y13. I just had to add some Glossy Accents to the boots.

Woops time has gotten away from me. I need to put together two cards to take to church this morning and I still have to get ready too. At least I got all card parts cut so it's just assembly.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment