Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10th Anniversary card


A few weeks ago I received a request for a custom card for a lady's daughter who was going to be celebrating their 10th anniversary in June.  Immediately I thought about the Loving Bridal couple from Magnolia stamps.  I had originally planned to used the Magnolia castle, but then I found out that the couple was renewing their vows on the beach.  So this card began to take shape in my mind. 

Last Friday, is when I completed the coloring and putting 99.9% of the card together.  Today all I did was put the dew drops around the seahorses to look like bubbles. 

My friend, Sharan Fagan, let me use some designer paper that looked like sand. 

Since the lady wanted her grand children on the card too, I used Rosegarden Tilda to represent their little girl and Edwin wants a hug.  I didn't want the full size stamp and I didn't want to use a mini either.  So I stamped the full size stamp and scanned it into my computer.  Then using my Silhouette machine I reduced the size.  I also used a Silhouette Banner.  I hand wrote the sentiment. 

The seahorses are from a printable image I found on Pintrest.  Everything was stamped onto Cryogen white paper and colored with Copics.  The sun with the seagull flying across is an embellishment from Bo Bunny. 

I'm really pleased with this card.  I didn't know I could be so creative :) 

Take care all and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment