Saturday, May 5, 2012

More teacher appreciation

Last Sunday I delivered a bunch of teacher appreciation cards to a lady at church.  I thought that after I finished about five graduation cards for her, I would have had her order completed.  However, she surprised me later that day requesting eight more teacher appreciation cards and another eight graduation cards.  My graduation Tilda is going to be getting used a lot this next week! 

A few weeks ago I discovered die cuts from Memory Box.  Then after that I started looking at cards using Memory Box dies on Pintrest.  Oh my, what beautiful cards I found!  The above card was inspired by one of those cards.  The card on Pintrest was in purples.  However since the majority of my teacher appreciation cards are going to teachers at a local high school whose colors are blue and silver.  So most of the cards will have blue and silver in them. 

The above cards features three dies from Memory Box.  The flower, the grape vine wreath, and the silver piece behind the wreath are all from Memory Box.  The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.  I've used shimmer paper through out the design except for the flowers.  The flowers were cut out of Cryogen White paper and colored with Copics (B29, B28, B26, B24).  I then used rhinestones from Crystal Elements.  I colored the rhinestones on the butterflies with B29 before adding them.  I've used the swiss dot Cuttlebug on the second layer.  The sentiment is from Sweet & Sassy stamps. 

What I really love about this design is I'll be able to change colors on the flowers and sentiments for whatever the occasion.  Love versatile designs. 

I'll be sharing more of my teacher appreciation cards over the next several days.  Take care all and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment