Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Hollyhocks


Here's another card inspired by a design from one of my magazines. This card is in the Spring 2011 Paper Creations magazine and was designed Deborah March.

The card uses stamped images from Hero Arts. The card in the magazine uses some paper from Creative Imaginations that was called Red Music. I couldn't find that paper so I improvised. I have a cling stamp from Hero Arts that has musical notes on it and I stamped in black ink on to the red cardstock. I then used the Hollyhock stamp from Hero Arts. I stamped it using Versamark ink and then used white embossing powder and heat set it.

My card is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and I used Luxuary Opal card stock as my base for the piece with Happy Birthday stamped on and the bottom half of that piece is embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder from ProvoCraft. The red bling is from Hero Hues. The ribbon I had on hand and I'm not sure of the company that produced it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...this is lovely! Deborah M. is a class act to follow in every way you can think of...and Gail...you did an awesome job of CASEing her card...she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete