Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's been a week since my last post!


Wow, I can't believe a whole week went by without me posting anything. Just think last week here in KC it was a beautiful and in the 70's. Today it's in the 30's and might get to 40. Even yesterday we had snow...it didn't stick, but still it snowed.


Instead of card making, I've been doing a lot of cross stitching as I'm participating in stitch group online that's doing a stitch along on some of Kustom Krafts designs.


I haven't made any cards this week until this morning when I made three. Two of which used the same stampendous stamp. The above card is one of those two. The other will be for Teacher Appreciation week and I'm not quite satisfied with it yet to post it.



Easter is four weeks away and I wanted to make some cards for a lady and her daughters at church and deliver them to them today.


The stamp that I used reminds me of sunrise services at my Lutheran church on Easter morning when the first hymn would be "Christ the Lord is Risen Today". Our choir director would have trumpeters play the song along with our pipe organ and the choir. It was hard for the congregation not to be joyful that early in the morning with that inspiration around us.


The stamp is from Stampendous. I stamped the image using Versamark. I used detail gold embossing powder. The flowers are stamps from Heartfelt Creations and they too were stamped using Versamark and I used the same detail gold embossing powder on them. I cut the flowers out using a matching Heartfelt Creations Nestability die.


All the paper is from The Paper Company and is there "metalic" or "shimmer" line. The base card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I used a Tim Holtz die to cut on the green flourish. A piece of the white paper was dry embossed using the Cuttlebug swiss dot folder.


Have a blessed Sunday everyone. I have to head into the other room and watch the Jayhawks try and make it to the final four. They are the only #1 seed left so I have my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment