Friday, March 18, 2011

Bumble Bee Tilda

Today's card was inspired by a couple of things. Last week, I took a class at Stamper's Ink where we did several cards for a class call Elegantly Embossed cards. The base card is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 yellow shimmer paper. The next layer is a white shimmer card stock that's been dry embossed with a Cuttlebug Bee folder. The white sheer ribbon and the bumble bee in the corner completed the card that was designed by one of the women at Stamper's Ink. The bee is from Recollections and is availabe at Michaels.

While viewing Tilda blogs, I saw Dragonfly Tilda done as a bumble bee and I thought that would be a perfect addition to the above card. I used the largest Labels 4 Nestablility to cut out Tilda. I then drew around that Nestabilitiy and cut out the black background shape. The black and the colored Tilda image have been popped up.

Tilda was stamped using Rich Cocoa Memento ink (my Tuxedo Black ink is missing from my work space). I used the following Copic markers for coloring Tilda:

Hair: E33, Y21, E50
Yellow on body: Y19, Y18, Y15, Y00
Wings: Y00 and Stardust Stickles
Rest of Tilda are C7, C5, C3, C1, C0, C00.
Skin: E00, E0000

No comments:

Post a Comment