Thursday, March 3, 2011

For God So Loved the World


My inspiration for the above card is from a card by Connie McCotter that is in the March issue of CardMaker magazine.
All stamped images are from Our Daily Bread designs. I stamped the cross using Staz On Dove Grey ink. I stamped the John 3:16 verse using Walnut Stain distress ink from Ranger. I sponged Vintage photo around the off white oval and both pieces of designer paper. The designer papers are from Bo Bunny. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The pearls are from Kaiser Craft.
I hate to admit this about myself, but when cutting the ovals, I didn't use matching die cuts. So that's why I offset them in my card. As those of you who make cards know, there's no mistakes in card making just a change for embellishments. So I offset the two ovals and added pearls on the dark blue oval. Of course none of you of would have know that unless you have a copy of the magazine with Connie's card in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment