Sunday, August 14, 2011

Autumn Floral



In one of the daily blog updates that I receive via e-mail, there was a beautiful fall card with a digital image from Sweet & Sassy stamps. I fell in love with it and had to have it. I had hoped to show my inspiration card, but I didn't save it a JPG document so I can't show it here. However, this card is my design using that digital image. The sentiment was also computer generated and it too was on my inspiration piece. Both images are printed on Blend It - Express paper.

I normally don't make a 5 x 7 card and I probably wouldn't have except I was having issues with Photoshop in reducing the size of the floral arrangement. Every time I reduced it, I lost part of the image. Since I really was not comfortable cutting card stock for a 5 X 7 card, I used a blank 5 x 7 card I had in my stash.

I cut a piece of kraft card stock from Bazzill. I then added two different pieces of designer paper from the new BoBunny fall paper pad. I purchased the ribbon yesterday at the Scrapbook Page. The image and the sentiment are both popped up.

Copics used to color the floral image:

Clay pot: E19, E08, E97. I don't think I would have used these three colors together, but this trio of colors is recommended by JustRite in their Copic Sketch Color Collections as a Clay Trio.

Sunflowers: Y38, Y08, centers: E37, E35
Reds: R37, R35, R32
Greens: G99, G94
Pumpkins: YR16, YR15, YR14.

Blessings everyone. I just got a call from the Page that the new Graphic 45 Christmas paper is in stock so I got to got so I can make it there before they close at 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment