Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New stamps mean new cards :)


Wow it's been awhile since I posted.

I've been reorganizing my stamps and my other card making materials and that has taken me away from me updating my blog. I've been taking lots of classes so as I finish some of those cards up, they'll start appearing here. Since my stamp room is such a mess, I've been finishing them up at a crop at a local scrapbook store on Friday evenings.

However, today's card is not one that I made in a class. I've been buying the latest releases from Lili of the Valley stamps (LOTV) which is a company in England. I just had to clear a spot at my computer desk to color and complete this card.

Today's card features a stamp from their July release that was all about girls. This one is called Millie Flower Power. She was stamped on Cryogen White paper using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I don't remember all the colors I used, but the ones that I do will be at the end of this post.

This is a square card that measures 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches. The base card is white card stock and is from Bazzill. Also from Bazzil is the solid pink card stock that is called petal soft. The designer paper is from Making Memories and is in a 6 X 6 paper pad called "Just Chillin".

The punch is from Martha Stewart. I ran a ribbon from Bo Bunny through it. I used Stardust Stickles on the center of the flower.

I used a Nestability die-cut to cut the star and stamped it with Hi There (company unknown).

I tried using a technique that I recently learned from Julie Case on how to make clouds. I used Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink for them. I think I need more practice :)

Now for the Copics that that I remember using:

Skin: E11, E00, E000, E0000, R20
Hair: E25, E33, E31
Flower: RV09, RV06, RV04, RV02, RV00, RV000, RV0000
Flower center: E35, E33, Stardust Stickles
Flower Stem: YG67, YG63

Blessings everyone! I promise it won't be so long before my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment