Monday, August 15, 2011

Christmas Dance


Happy Monday!

It's been raining here in KCK today, but I'm not complaining. The rain is keeping it nice and cool outside. The thunder has been loud and it scared Diago and he's been under my feet most of the morning. Whenever I moved my office chair I had to say watch out as I don't want to run over his handsome Shih Tzu tail. Mojo's been fine with the storms.

I finished today's card yesterday. It features an image called Christmas Dance from Lili of the Valley. It was one of the stamps released July 25th. I received the stamp a week later and I had to color this little beauty right away. She's been waiting for me to come up with a layout that will feature her in the way I think she deserves.

I had thought about turning squares on their sides as seen here, but wasn't sure which designer papers to use. Then I purchased Bo Bunny's Father Christmas paper and there it was...the little trees in the ovals.

Each kraft card stock square is 2 inches and the Christmas tree squares are 1 3/4 inch square. My base card is 6 inches square and is plain white card stock from Bazzill. The red card stock is Prism. The oval used on the little girl is from a Nestability set. Instead of using the next size up, I marked around the one used to cut the oval and then cut it with my scissors. I added some bling (rhinestones) to the top of each tree and at the outside edges of the squares.

Since I colored the little girls around the 1st of August, I don't remember which Copic markers I used. I did use some white sparkly fluff on the girl's fur trim on the jacket.

I do have tomorrow's card ready to post. Let's see how many day's I can post in row :)

Blessings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment