Friday, August 5, 2011

Christmas Trees

Good morning everyone. I am trying to do better posting here on my blog. I've made it three days in a row :)

Finally a rainy day here in KCK. Gratefully it's cooler. I was definitely tired of temps being in the upper 90's and 100's. Hopefully I'll get some cards done today. I'm doing a lot of coloring of images, but trying to find the right papers to go with them to me is a daunting task. So until I get some of those cards completed, I'll continue to share cards made in recent classes.

Today's card is one that was designed at Stamper's Ink for one of their second Christmas in July class.

This card utilizes the polished stone technique which is one I dearly love. We used alcohol inks and a Krylon gold pen on a piece of glossy card stock. The inks were Bottle, Lettuce, and Citrus.

The tree images are from Hero Arts. The larger tree was stamped using a Memento green ink. I apologize as I don't remember the color name. The smaller tree was stamped using Adirondack bottle ink. Both trees were cut out. Copic marker E37 was used to color the trunks on both trees. The smaller tree was popped up.

My friend Liz decided that something else was needed on the smaller tree so she added some Stardust Stickles glue. Wow what an impact. In places on the tree, the ink became a lovely shade of blue.

Until tomorrow, blessings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment