Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Because I Care





Hi everyone! 

The snow storms are over...at I hope they are.  We had a little snow last night that covered the driveway, but as I look outside through my window, quite a bit of the payment is beginning to show. 

So what do you do when you're in stuck inside?  You make cards.  I saw a real cute card the other day on Pinterest using this crocus stamp from Flourishes stamps.  For once, before I went to the Flourishes website, I decided to check out my Flourishes stamp collection as I know I had some of the sets from their Year of Flowers releases.  Sure enough there was the crocus on their set for the first four months of the year. 

The base card is white card stock from Georgia Pacific.  The purple/lavender layers are from Recollections.  The designer paper if from Kathy Davis Designs and it is from her 6 x 6 pad called Happiness.  The beautiful blue seam binding is some that I bought at Ink, Paper, Rubber.  I also used some baker's twine.  The die cuts are from Spellbinders.  On the piece with the crocus, I kept the die cut on top until I had finished sponging some Lulu Lavender Memento ink around the image.  I got that idea from the original card when I linked to the original card maker's blog.  The sentiment was generated on my computer and I used a Martha Stewart tag punch for it. 

The crocuses were stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with my Copics.  The blues are B95, B93, and B91.  The greens are YG97, YG95, and YG93.  

I really do love this card and anticipate having to make at least two more just like it as I know my cousin Gai, and another customer (Jennifer Vogel) will probably want the card.  I also need to make cards for a craft show I got coming up on March 15th at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City.  I also was happy to learn that another card sold at Ink, Paper, Rubber.  So that means I need to make another card for there too. 

Take care all and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment