Friday, February 15, 2013

Peony Smile





Happy Friday everyone! 

I had a phone call from my cousin yesterday.  She called to thank me for her Valentine card.  She then asked do you ever make anything that is a failure?  I told her rarely. 

However, the above card was almost one I tossed.  I had planned to use the tulip border embossing folder from Stampin' Up and had already glued it to the pink card base.  I then put together my main layer and it was too larger to show the tulips.  I thought oh well, the border is still pretty and proceeded with the card.

I've used two Memory Box die cuts, Peony and Peony outline. The background stamps is a plant image from Hero Arts that I stamped using Versacolor Evergreen pigment ink.  I couldn't find a ribbon I liked so I cut a 3/4 inch strip of the same pick card stock as the card base.  The pearls are from Hero Arts.  So my almost throw away, turned out okay. 

Pink card stocks are from Recollections and white card stock is Georgia Pacific. 

Take care all and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment