Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sympathy Poppies

Hi everyone! 

It's a beautiful Sunday here in Kansas City, Kansas and it's supposed to be in the mid-50's today.  The weather person that I listen to said we better enjoy it as it will be the warmest weather we'll have for about 10 days.  He even mentioned the possibility of an ice storm Wednesday night into Thursday morning.  Sounds like I better plan on hitting the grocery story Wednesday morning.  Would do it sooner, but I am waiting on a check and that's when it will be deposited.   Also will have to get the three silly boys (my dogs) outside later today to also enjoy the weather.  

On to card making!  My cousin, Gai requested some sympathy cards .  This is the only one I got made for her before I delivered cards to her on Friday.  So I will have to work on some more cards.  (dang I hate when that happens :) ) 

This card was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  I purchased recently from Michaels packages of paper in color families that is from Recollections.  The card stock I used here is from the Cape Cod package.  I cut 3/4 inch by 5 1/4 pieces of each color of blue that was in the package and glued them on to a white card base (Georgia Pacific).  I had cut out three of the poppy die cut pieces from Memory box from the same white card stock as the card base.  Then it was a matter of cutting the sizes of of die cuts to border the With Sympathy sentiment (Pink by design). 

Fairly simple card, but it does make quite an impact. 

Well, off to make more cards. 

Take care everyone and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment